Saturday, July 30, 2011

What I've Been Up To

Well, if you are a regular follower of my blog, you'll notice I've made some changes.  Words can't express how excited I am to have created a button and header for my blog!  Google and I are BFFs ♥.  Seriously though, I feel so accomplished and all thanks to wonderful people out there who share information.  I created my header using the information from this blog.  I can't even remember all of the sights I used to help with my button.  It also helped that I found great freebies from my Lettering Delights order.  Without the backgrounds, I wouldn't have been able to do it!  Okay, enough with my Academy Award Thank You speech...

Our school is still closed on Fridays so off to Costco I went (yesterday).  I knew there were 2 things I had to get there...but, do we ever just stick to our list?  I never do, especially at places like Target and Costco.  I needed a shelf of some sort to house my teachers editions in my room near my desk.  I figured they wouldn't have anything like that, but that I'd check anyways.  Well look at this baby I picked up:

It feels very heavy duty, and can be arranged in pretty much any configuration you'd want.  It was only $25 which I thought was a great price because it really feels secure.  I found this right by the books in a seasonal school supply aisle at my Costco.  This is what the box looks like:
I hope to put this together in my room next week, so I'll let you know what I think of it in action.  Oh, and I got some hopeful news!  My SMARTBoard currently has a work order in place so I am seriously hoping it will be moved.  I'll keep you posted.

I also have been working on some labels.  I took pictures of them before I laminated them to avoid the glare.  I ♥ my laminator!  These are some of the labels I've made for my room:


The Open & Closed signs are for our classroom bathroom.  I'm usually pretty good at remembering when someone has gone to the bathroom, but since this is my first year with one in the room, and the door doesn't lock, I figure it's worth a shot.  I'm not quite sure how I'll put them together so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I did order a circle cutter, as recommended by none other than Ladybugs Teacher Files.  I just need to make sure I don't ruin it on the first time.  I'll probably print out a few to play around with so I don't screw these up. 

So that's what I've been up to.  Not a whole lot.  The hubby and I went out to Carrabbas last night (yummm) and it was the first day I've been over my allotted calories since I started logging at myfitnesspal.com.  I made up for it this morning with a sizzling early morning run.  Today we met his parents and brother for lunch at my favorite restaurant Los Reyes.  Unfortunately, they had no AC so we didn't eat there.  Major bummer.  Tonight we'll be going to see my nieces at a music camp performance. 

I'm off to figure out what we'll have for dinner and maybe read some.  See you soon!  Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

Pat's Paper Passion said...

Your signs are my favorite from Lettering Delight! I could make signs, etc all day (except I start to feel guilty about everything else in my life that needs to be done).

I've used shelving like you purchased. My problem was I had students taking 'stuff' and they're not real sturdy...but I think for a place for you to store will be just fine.

Love your header and button...if you check my blog you'll see the lettering looking VERY familiar :)


Pat

A Time to Share & Create


MY WEBSITE

Fabulous 4th Grade

Anais said...

I know what you mean...I started blogging in July and never looked back. Everytime I figured something else out it was like I had won the lottery. I think my family is getting tired of the, "Look what I made!" Your blog looks great. I really like the new header.I am going to start a class blog before school instead of a website. I think the picture header would be a nice touch for parents.
Thanks. Anais
First Grade Garden

Ashley said...

You have been super busy!! I love the finds you got too!

Bonnie Walton said...

Pat, I love the lettering! I can't believe I never thought to use that! I'm hoping it will hold up for my use...time will tell!

Anais & Ashley, thanks so much for your kind words! You are so sweet! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...