Saturday, July 9, 2011

DIY Bulletin Board

So, we were having a slight problem...
Yes, ridiculous, I know.  So I came up with a great solution and courtesy of an "ice" day (remember, I said we live in the south!), I came up with this:
I was so proud...it was pretty...I felt so crafty!  I got the idea from here.  Only, I obviously didn't put in cutlery.  I organized all of that junk from the other picture so it looked nice and neat:
So here's the breakdown:
  • Our gift cards went in that small middle box
  • Post-its, writing pads, and index cards (a must for this teacher) are on the right
  • Coupons went on the very bottom
  • And that's my school ID on the left with the pink pen permanently attached :)
Unfortunately, this didn't last forever and my poor coupons never saw the light of day until they were expired.  So I knew I needed to display them somewhere they would be used.  I came up with a DIY bulletin board.  So I ran went to Goodwill and looked for the perfect frame and found this one:
Excuse the crookedness.  So I spray painted it with primer first and then I spray painted it blue (Krylon Satin Oxford Blue).  When it was done, I cut out and hot glued a piece from my bulletin board roll (I found this at Staples) to a piece of foam board, also obviously cut out to fit the frame.  I secured them both into the frame, but something just seemed to be missing.  While I was at Wal-Mart I picked up a roll of light blue fabric.  I cut it out and hotglued it over the bulletin board and then secured it all into the frame.  I even used duct tape on the back (wouldn't my dad be proud!).  So, here it is in all of it's glory:
It is on the wall right next to our downstairs bathroom, which is a little random, I know.  BUT, it's on my way out the door since I leave through the garage.  I was really pleased with how it turned out considering this was one of my first DIY projects.  Here it is with some coupons in it:

Okay, very few coupons, but you can't beat Costco coupons, right?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good idea to hang your coupons. I made a memo board too with an old frame I had and painted the cork the same color as the wall.

http://lifeofa20somethingwife.blogspot.com/2011/04/office-gallery-wall.html

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your blog.

Carol said...

Everybody needs a bulletin board right by the door to leave! I had a bland ugly old brown one. Painted it purple and put red santa-suit fabric on it - voila! It's beautiful and I smile when I look at it.
Mrs. Cobb @ Mrs. Cobb's Kinder Sprouts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...