Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Class Jobs

As I was avoiding doing the work I need to do for grad school, I somehow ended up at Keeping Up with the Kindergartners blog.  Please tell me I am not the only one who gets to a blog and has no clue how I ended up getting there (constant clicking of links...).  It's definitely not a bad thing but sometimes I have like 10 windows or tabs open (much to my husband's dismay!).  Anyways, I saw a Linky Party for Classroom Jobs and thought I would join!  It's always so interesting to see the jobs other teachers have in their classrooms and the systems in place. 

We are the Delightful Dogs and our job chart says: Helping Paws;  Our Weekly Jobs.  I have a picture of my job chart, BUT my school camera is there...at school.  Boo.  And my room is all packed up and I can't begin to guess what box it is in out of 187,298,279 boxes (maybe not that many...but it certainly feels that way). 
In my classroom, every student has a job and it is changed weekly.  I choose who gets what job, but the other 3rd grade teacher lets the students choose their jobs.  It's just best (for my sanity!) to avoid the conflict of ____ always getting to be this job, etc.  The job I appreciate the most is my Teacher Assistant.  This is the student who does anything I need, like taking things to the office, going to ask other teachers things, etc.  I usually try to choose a reliable student who had a really good prior week.  Here are some of the other jobs I have:
  • Table Washer (2 of them.  They clean the lunch tables and classroom tables as well)
  • Sweeper
  • Energy Monitor (lights and computers)
  • Line Leader
  • Door Holder
  • Substitute (They fill in for students who are absent.  If a student had a really bad prior week they are usually the substitute)
  • Librarian (They put classroom library books up;  Take school library books up for the class before media time)
  • Boy's Bathroom Checker
  • Girl's Bathroom Checker (They check for trash and pick it up, check for writing on the wall, etc.  They check before we go to the bathroom as a class and after everyone is finished)
  • Equipment Manager (They take our crate with recess materials out)
  • There is one more job but I can't remember it for the life of me.  Of course I can't find my file on my flash drive either...)
I believe that's everything.  I do the exact same thing she does and we line up in line order except for the line leader and door holder.  Although there are still complaints about the person ahead moving to slow... :)  I'm really looking forward to reading about everyone's jobs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...