Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Setting Up The Room Days 3 & 4

So, I went to my room yesterday and took lots of pictures...and then I left my camera at school.  So I'll combine days 3 and 4 in this post.  I feel like I'm really starting to make progress although I have yet to tackle my library.  Just thinking of weeding through and sorting out the books gives me hives.  I had to bookshelves last year, but am down to one this year due to space constraints.  Here's the progress so far!

FYI, be prepared for lots of pictures


I added my new pretty labels to my Sunshine binder Folder.  I also took pictures of a few of the types of items I keep in here.  It really does make you smile!


I also revamped my communication log.  I'm sure you can probably guess which one is the new cover :)  If you look in the top, you can see my pencil cups.  I made the labels out of vinyl using my cricuit, but I think they're too big so I'm redoing them.


Can you guess what my theme is?!  We'll be the Delightful Dogs (again).  That's my writing sourcebook in the middle...obviously not part of my buys at the teacher store.  It just happened to be where I unloaded the dog stuff.

This is our bathroom sign.  I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with this set up, so we'll see!

I thought I would share this.  This is where I keep any important returned forms, nurse passes, and behavior sheets.  It's really helpful for conferences :)


I am not 100% I'm going to keep all of those stuffed animals there.  They are from past students, but I can only name one that I know who gave it to me.  I'm thinking I'll keep just that one.  I hate to give them up, but I also don't want to become the crazy stuffed animal lady!  This bookcase houses a lot of my things and can tend to get cluttered, so that's why I have a curtain over it.  However, my goal is to have no clutter this year!


This is the view from the door.  I guess it's probably about time to take the bags off the computer!

Our word wall.  All of the storage containers you see on the right will obviously not stay there.

Math center...slowly starting to come along...
 
 
Our writing center.  I'm not really too thrilled with this area yet. 


Storage cabinet...I consider this pretty organized, although I know not everyone would agree! :)

This will house our science center (on the counter) and already houses assorted paper and filing supplies.

Storage cabinet

Phew! I am exhausted.  The sad thing is, I took more pictures!  I'm off to get ready for another day, and am really dreading going through all of those books.  See you later!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are on your way to a beautiful classroom! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...