Here are the reasons I'm loving Christmas break.
1. Sleep. In the beginning of the break, I was sleeping close to 11 hours a day. Not so much recently, but I fully intend to sleep in the next three days.
2. The first week, I did pretty much NOTHING. I sat my behind on my couch, plopped my computer on my lap, blog stalked, and watched T.V. It was glorious.
3. Shopping. Need I say more?! Any long break from work equals me going shopping. Of course one of my favorite places is Target, but I also love the outlets, the mall, and even Goodwill.
4. Cleaning. Ugh, y'all, our house was G-R-O-S-S. Right now, our upstairs still is, but our downstairs looks pretty dang good. My mom did a random drop in yesterday and I told her she could come in, only because it was clean. Days earlier, she wouldn't have been allowed in. We would've had some sort of mysterious virus that was totally contagious.
5. Decluttering. Sentimental value be darned. I can certainly be a hoarder (aren't all teachers?!). This is how a typical conversation between the hubsters and me can go:
H: Do we need this anymore?
M: Well, __________ gave it to us for our wedding so yeah.
H: But do we need it?
Well, people, I am D-O-N-E. I refuse to hang on to stuff because so and so gave it to us or X, Y, and Z.
6. Eating out and slowly! I am so glad to be able to eat food that doesn't have to be microwaved and consumed in 5 minutes flat while watching a group of 8 olds eat. 'Nuff said.
7. Visiting with friends! Today I went to see my friend who lives about an hour and a half away. She just had a baby (6 weeks early!) and she already has an almost two year old. We don't talk all the time, but when we see each other, we can easily pick up where we left off. She is just SO funny and being with her is always a good time!
8. Appointments. OBGYN (my favorite kind of appointment ever...kidding!) & dentist. I didn't get any cativities which I don't know how. I consume Cherry Coke Zero like it's going out of style and I ate SO much candy at Christmas. Gahh...
9. Schoolwork...yeah...haven't really done too much although I brought home gobs of stuff to do. Eh, life will go on!
So how have you spent your break? Are you enjoying it? I'm linking up here!