Sunday, December 18, 2011

How I Know Christmas Is Near

Reagan over at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits is having a linky party about the top 10 reasons you know Christmas is near.  Now, I'm already out, but I'll be thinking back to my last few weeks for inspiration.  I don't really have a top 10, but here's what I've got!

Everyone is sick.  I've had a kid who has been hacking up a lung for weeks.  I blamed him for my strep. 

The debates about whether Santa Clause is real or not are rampant.  The verdict:  "He is real, you just gotta believe"

When I tell them how many days of school we have left, they cheer.  Then, when I tell them we've got a lot of work to do, they groan.

The only time they were "in control" at our party was when The Polar Express was on.  We only caught the last 10 minutes and when that went off, I thought I was going to lose it.  Luckily, someone hit play and all was good again.

The rudeness and behaviors started.  Luckily, Friday was a somewhat decent day.

Santa visited!  Literally.  I was Dominie testing a kid and another teacher knocked on my door.  I sent another kid to open it and she said hi to us, then just walked away. Strange, I thought.  Then, 2 seconds later, Santa was at our door.  Of course, questions ensued, about his reindeer, elves, and sleigh.  Christmas requests were made:  dirt bikes and PlayStation 360 among the ones I remember. 

The lies about Christmas Break plans began.  I asked who was traveling out of town and two students quickly raised their hands.  After I asked what they were doing, suddenly three more students were miraculously going out of town...just for fun to Florida they said.

Mine are not nearly as great and funny as everyone elses, but oh well!  I hope you head over and link up!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Break to you!!!! I am so happy you linked up! I am a new follower!

Miss Squirrels said...

I am also a new follower and I have given you the Liebster Award...come on over and check it out!

and the vacation "lies" is too funny.....like when you ask how many friends have a pet snake and all but three do!!!

Going Nutty!

Staci

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...