Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Goodies

I can honestly say I have been busy lately.  After busting out my new Communication Log for this year, I created my standards for this year.  Last year, I hand wrote next to the subject (on the board) the objective in dry erase marker.  I don't have any clear pictures, but this was my schedule (to give you an idea)


This was like the first or second day of school.  No worries, I added a Lunch/Recess circle and also made the days of the week.  

So anyways, once I found out SC was moving to Common Core, I bought this.  I printed it off before the summer and had plans to get it all set up.  Then, I found out we're only following Common Core Writing next year.  So, I set off to create my own SC standards for the poster.  This is what I've been working on...

Math (Reading has been cut out)


My stack to cut out (the rest of Math and all of Science and S.S.).

So that's what I've been up to.  I went up to the school today to print these out and help a friend get her room set up.  They were waxing the halls my room is on so I couldn't go in.  Darn.  Hopefully next week though.

I've also been busy shopping!  I didn't think I got that much stuff until I lugged it all in from the garage to take pictures of.  These bags have gone on many joy rides in my car with me in the hopes of getting in my classroom!  I'm linking up here:


So, let's start with good ol' Target.

Okay, I'll be honest.  With the exception of the white and blue holder, I have no clue what I'll use these for.  You can never have enough containers though, right?!  I'll put the white and blue holder on my desk for my many colorful pens and markers :)  Oh yeah, all are from the Dollar Spot, of course!

More Dollar Spot purchases.  I got the cute round tubs to use as my recycling holders.  I saw this on not one, but TWO blogs and cannot for the life of me remember where.  I'll pull these out when we're cutting and the kiddos can put all of their scrap paper in here instead of making fifty-million trips to the recycling bin.  If this is your idea or you know whose it is, puh-lease tell me so I can give credit where credit is due.  If I remember correctly, the original poster had blue bins?  I got the felt holder to hold some dry erase markers up high on my board.  I'll hot glue a magnet to the back.  Oh, and I couldn't pass up a $1 beach ball...duh!

I got 20 composition books for $.50.  I thought they were $.40 and am still hoping to find them a little cheaper.  I'll use these for my communication logs this year.  I got the blue containers for trash cans at the student desk (I think?!).  I honestly don't even remember.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's for nasty tissues and whatnot.  Who knows!

Oh Crayola markers...how I love thee.  I really don't need these, but they're so pretty!

And this was another Dollar Spot purchase.  I will probably make my own cleaner with natural ingredients, like vinegar, baking soda, etc. to clean our desks :)

Now, on to Wally World

I don't know about you, but my kiddos go through erasers like they're going out of style.  I eventually get fed up sometime in September March and refuse to buy anymore erasers.  These were I think $.84.  I got 2 packs of paper, even though I didn't really need it...

I also bought 10 (or 20?) glue sticks for $.10 each.

How about Staples?

I don't know why this won't rotate, but whatev (please tell me you used to shorten whatever to whatev...because clearly saying-er is hard work!).  I got all of this during Staples first back to school sale (the week after the 4th).  I got 2 packs of copy paper for $.01!  Say what?!  I also got a new flash drive (mine is busting at the seams...), a pen holder for my notepad I take to meetings, and such pretty pens!  I couldn't pass them up (I need more pens like I need a hole in my head...).  I also stocked up on their deals.  The glue and crayons were a penny each.  I believe the glue sticks, scissors, and erasers were either a quarter or 50 cents.  Those cute little boxes were only a quarter a piece!  Amazing!

I went back this past Saturday with my friend for Staples Teacher Appreciation Day!  I got a pretty holder for my new Flair Pens (mainly for my Erin Condren Life Planner).  Oh, and whatdoyaknow, MORE COLORFUL PENS!  I love those Tabs and could not pass up the super cute paper clips and binder clips.  Looks like 3B will be good on glue sticks for a while.  I got the duct tape to line the edges of our notebooks.  I think we may try interactive notebooking, so this will help students easily find their Science and S.S. journals.  Finally, I got a pack of 12 dry erase markers.  We also go through those like they're running out of style...

This was all in my bag from Staples...for free!  LOVE it!


And last but not least...Big Lots


I got this super cute lamp at Big Lots!  I love it!

Can't wait to see all of your great finds....make sure to link up!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lisa R. said...

Wow! You shopped til you dropped!! LOL. I love all of your finds!! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Room 214-Ms. Wenzel's Blog said...

GREAT SHOPPING SPREE! I love the lamp! I am trying to find one for my classroom to give it a little extra pizzaz! SMILES and please check out Blog if you have not done so already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...