Monday, March 26, 2012

Cycles & The Hunger Games

I have been off the radar for over a week. 

I go through cycles.  Here's kiiiinda what it looks like for me.


If you're wondering, I'm currently somewhere between the right side and the top.  I feel totally caught up with stuff for my job, but have some lots work to do for grad school.  Luckily, the college is on Spring Break this week.  Holla!

So, let's move on.

The Hunger Games.


Did you see it?  I LOVED it!  I'm going back to see it on Sunday with my sister and my niece.  I can't wait!  I will say the book is better (isn't it always?!).  I just felt like some parts weren't quite as developed as I would have liked.  Like when Katniss found out Peeta was with the Careers and at the end after they announced there could only be one victor.  I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it yet, it just didn't totally match up with the book. 

Overall though,  I loved it.  Minus the fact that I didn't get to finish my Coke Icee.  They always show a bajillion previews.  It was during the last preview I realized I kinda had to go to the bathroom.  Luckily, the movie was a great distraction.

I'm enjoying reading other books, but I really miss Peeta, Katniss, & Gale.  I'm having withdrawals. 

Oh yeah, remember how I talked about the craziness that my dog had become?  Well, it appears I spoke too soon about all being well.  I'll explain more later, but I'll leave you with this picture...

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin said...

It was SOOOOO good!!
Love your shirt!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Chrissy + Nate said...

Oh girl, I saw it Saturday and it was SO GOOD! Like you said, the book was WAY better (Um, why did they not show Katniss yelling out Peeta's name after they made the new victor rule announcement, and then she should have slapped her hand over her mouth? One of my favorite parts in the book!) I want to see it again already! And I have withdrawls too: I've already finished all three books, so I may just start the series over again... and over again. Ha!

Andrea McEvoy said...

Love the shirt! I have to wait until Sunday to see it!!! Wow on the doggie pick! That must be some story! I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading more posts!

Andrea
One Teacher's Take

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...