So Miss Megan over at Kindergarten Teacher Tales is hosting a linky party for confessions of the first few days/ weeks/ month of school. Here's mine:
- I started with six. On Monday, my class literally doubled. I was expecting 5 new students and got a brand spanking new student as well. I was prepared for the 5. The extra one, not so much. Stress level through the roof.
- I have yet to start guided reading. Well, that's a lie. We did guided reading for one week. Then I got
somefive new friends who needed to be Dominie tested. Does anyone else do Dominie testing at their school? This leads me to my next confession...
love enjoyhave to do Dominie testing, BUT I kinda sorta wanna pull my hair out when I sit a kid down to test them with what I know is the perfect book on their level and they tell me they've already read it and recount e-v-e-r-y last detail. Oh, and the next book up? Yeah, they've read that too. Sigh...
- My kids have changed dismissal more than I've ever had dismissal changes in all of my many years (3) of teaching experience. I would really like to make a cute dismissal sign, but I refuse to until we all know where we're going. I think we're good, but I've had word that one of mine can't behave in the after-school program and could be kicked out. I-yi-yi
- I was kinda nervous to find one student on my roster. This student didn't have the best of years last year, and I would know because his 2nd grade class was right next to mine. This year, no problems whatsoever (knock on wood) and he is as sweet as can be. He is really a model student. Love!
- I only have two girls. The rest are boys. Overall, my class is really sweet and eager to please. I also love getting hugs and sweet notes from my students :)
- I have totally slacked on my diet. I am going back into the full swing this week. I started using My Fitness Pal (www.myfitnesspal.com) this summer and I have loved it. I've dropped about 8 pounds so far, but between school starting back up (both my job and grad school) and football get togethers (read: JUNK FOOD), I haven't been doing the best.